The Owner of this fascinating diesel 2006 Saab 9-3 is Andris Rinkis, who lives in Riga, Latvia. When he read the text of the super-tuned twin-turbo diesel Saab, he wrote to us that he still has the strongest TiD (non-TwinTurbo) Saab Diesel.
He probably have one of the fastest Saab 1.9 TiD with the Z19DTH engine that is capable of producing 280hp and 560nm!
He has been working on improving car performance since 2015 when he bought it. From beginning He just drove it stock, then mapped it to around 180hp and there all this thing began.
From stock 150hp 320nm 1.9 diesel it transformed into 280hp 560nm Monster! His friends, local Saab enthusiasts helped him to build this project called “Locomotive“. All tuning tips, guidance and inspiration Andris get from UK Vauxhall, Alfa Romeo and Saab diesel tuning community and forums. The mapping have done by mapper and big diesel enthusiast from UK.
Max speed achieved on dyno 273km/h!
in every aspect, the results are fantastic, and you can see a list of modifications below:
- EGR Removed
- DPF Removed
- Swirl Flaps Removed
- Throttle Body Removed
- DO88 ICM110 FMIC
- 3” Intake from air filter to turbo intake
- K&N Air filter
- 2.5” Air intake from turbo till intake manifold
- 80mm MAF
- 4 bar MAP
- Garrett GTB2056V (from Alfa Romeo 2.4 JTDM)
- Billet KTS TurbobilletX compressor wheel (model 2265): 11 blade design, inducer 43.40mm/exducer
- 56.03mm/tapered exducer 59.97mm
- Custom stainless steel exhaust manifold
- 3” Downpipe
- 3” full stailess steel exhaust
- MagnaFlow 14829 mufflers
- Sachs Performance clutch kit
- R80 high pressure fuel pump
- 0445110299 Z19DTR TTiD injectors
- Second oil catch can
- Custom made remap
Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD 2006 Acceleration 3rd +4rd gear pull:
Check it out and tell us what you think!