A quick look at Swedish Racing Developments project car, a Saab 9-5 Aero SRD. The car is being built to compete in Time Attack and SSK. Swedish Racing Developments is planning to achieve the most out of a B235E engine whilst retaining most of its original internals.
It´s a good engine, but for serious power, pistons would need to be changed and they just don´t have the money to both finish the car and build a killer engine, hence the limited modifications.
- Engine: B235E, T7, with original rods, blue-printed
- 2.0T T5 pistons
- Balance shafts removed
- T5 camshafts
- T7 head gasket
- SRD Racing exhaust manifold
- Turbo: HX40
- 44 mm wastegate
- Cylinder head ported/modified by SRD Racing
- Adjustable cam gears
- SRD Racing intake manifold, 80 mm throttle body
- Civinco stand alone engine management system