Back in 2000, Saab has presented an special edition of Saab 9-5 at Chicago Auto Show – Saab 9-5 Gary Fisher Edition.
Visually this special edition 9-5 Gary Fisher has unique bumpers, side skirts, 17-inch wheels, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and a standard roof rack. Also, in addition to the car – The $900 Gary Fisher bike – with Shimano components, an aluminum frame, and rock shocks-comes with it.
All this, a special version of Saab 9-5 and the bike cost together $36,995.
In 1999, Saab Cars USA, Inc. and Gary Fisher – two brands with a passion for breaking the rules – teamed up to form the Gary Fisher Saab Mountain Bike Race Team. The partnership immediately proved its merits as the team garnered the world championship title and a world cup victory. This year, the partnership’s success will be expressed even further as Saab introduces the Saab 9-5 Wagon Gary Fisher Edition.
The Saab 95 Wagon, with its standard 73 cubic feet of cargo capacity (with rear seats folded) and aircraft-inspired CargoTracks load securing System, is designed to accommodate nearly all needs.
However, for those who require even more flexibility, the 9-5 Wagon Gary Fisher Edition adds:
- roof rack system with bike carrier and ski holder .
- body-leveling system designed to maintain excellent driving characteristics and ride comfit, even when towing or heavily loaded
- sliding load floor that allows easy loading of up to 440 pounds of cargo
- strong cargo load net that separates the passenger complement and cargo area .
- side cargo net A lz-volt power outlet in the cargo area
- cooling box for refreshments that can chill contents to 410 F.