Need a place to start with your sportsman or bracket racing? Want a beater to tack to the track or a daily driver so your custom can rest. This street car is the place to start – super modified Saab 9-5 Aero Stage 5 340 bhp and 520 NM with New Hybrid Turbo, and also with a full refreshment (Rebuild) of engine.
As the current owner Simon says, He’s very sad that he has to sell it but needs must. Taken a lot of time and effort and the end result is pretty extraordinary; an ordinary looking saloon that from a roll will stay with a C63 AMG – Dyno’d at 341.8 bhp and 521.2 NM of torque.
Here’s the spec:
2002 9-5 HOT Aero with the following modifications:
– 12 months MOT
– Full engine rebuild with a B234 bottom end 8k miles ago; new ancilliaries, piston rings, top end rebuild (B234 engine from a Saab 9000, rated to 600+ bhp so in this application with 340 bhp it is ‘over-engineered’)
– Brand new AET Hybrid 19t 7cm turbo just been rebuilt yesterday
– 100-200 km/h 10.8 seconds, on par with an e92 M3/C63
– DO88 intercooler installed February 2016
– Bilstein B12 kit installed February 2016 (Eibach springs + revalved B8s)
– Brand new top mounts and thrust bearings installed last week
– Brand new full Abbott Racing exhaust system and downpipe installed February 2016
– Full brake rebuild with Ferodo DS2500 pads
– 80k mile gearbox installed January 2017
– Mapped by Karl at Noobtune to ‘360 Stage 5’
– Kinugawa actuator
– Maptun recirculating dump valve
– Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas all round
– Maptun 550 NM clutch kit installed February 2016
– Resurfaced flywheel installed January 2017
– Kinugawa actuator
– Hirsch front grille
– Custom air inlet trumpets
– Ultra Racing front strut brace installed January 2017 .
– Brand new alloy racing radiator installed February 2016
– Resprayed sharknose front bumper
– Resprayed newer shape rear bumper
– Polybushed all round
– Sort after ALU56 wheels with BBS centre caps, professionally shotblasted, balanced and powercoated in January 2017
– JR Air filter inside modified airbox
– Green giant 465cc BOSCH injectors
– Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump
– Full service history since beginning of project (part before that)
– Serviced every 3k or 6 months whichever came first
– All work carried out by Tony Wallis at Saab Repairs Doncaster
– Regularly snowfoamed with 2 buckets, 1 for rinsing mitt and one for new foam – proper job, no messing!
– Limo rear tints
Reason for sale: He Needs to start saving for a house deposit, and picked up a Clio 172 for daily duties. Sure, he Looking for in the region of £4995 but open to offers. Call Simon on 07511 954 995, car is Based in Bingham, Nottinghamshire, UK.