Some of the best tricks you can use to quickly remove the hot air from inside your car when it is parked in the Sun, and resume your drive with a cooler interior.
Table of Contents
A simple method will drastically cool your car after being left cooking in the sun, in just 10 sec: , First open the window from one side of the car front door, then go to the other side where the window is close and start opening and closing the door 5 times, large amount of strength exerted is not needed.
1. Most Efficient: Slamming Car Doors from One Side
This method is similar to the previous:
- Open all the doors on both the sides. Keep the window up.
- Now grab both car doors on one side and get ready.
- Now slam and close the doors as fast you can.
- All the hot air will gush out in that action.
- Works at once. But repeat for better results.
What’s happening here is, due to the fast slamming much of the existing hot air gets thrown out. Scientifically air from the outside now takes the place of the missing air, which is cooler. You try other ways using the back door and find ways that work best for you. Also try to follow the other tricks to further cool down your car inside.
2. Using the Force of your AC Fan
Another quick an effective way to refresh the hot air inside with cooler air from outside.
- Lower the windows. Turn on the AC with fresh air setting, don’t recirculate.
- Increase fan speed to the max. and the AC cooling is also at the coolest setting (see coverpic).
- Once you start driving hot air will immediately rush out of the car and replaced with cooler air form the outside.
- Within few minutes, when the car temperature feels comfortable, roll up the windows shut and switch from fresh air to recirculate.
- Adjust thermostat and fan settings.
Note: If you have a sun-roof you are in luck. Instead of rolling down your windows just open sunroof and switch to coldest mode AC with max fan and fresh air intake.
3. Avoid Heating Up using Sun Screens
One more way to make your car cool is to avoid it in the first place. Buy cheap sunshades in bulk like 4-6 in number and when leaving your car in the Sun, try to cover up your windows as much as possible. The ones I bought (right) we big enough for each to cover 1 window. So if you have a set of 6, use 4 for each door and 2 for the windshield. This will reduce the amount of scorching sunlight coming in side your car thus reducing the heating effect.
Also, if you think you have parked your car in a safe place, then you can choose to keep a little gap instead of completely shutting your window tight. This will reduce the build-up of hot air inside your car since warm air will try to escape from those open gaps, thus heating up your car less and avoiding the greenhouse effect.