Electric windows can be extremely convenient, but when they don’t work, it can become a very frustrating and expensive problem. If your driver window (it also applies to all other windows) decided to go back down to about 2/3, guess it’s the Pinch protection feature. After they come up, they go 30% again down while the soft-top roof is up (convertible).
What you need is Pinch protection calibration – and you can do this yourself and you just have to do it for a few minutes.
Saab 9-3 – Saab 9-5 Calibration of pinch protection
First ensure the car is equipped with pinch protection. Lift up the window lift button.
Cars with pinch protection: the button has two positions.
Cars without pinch protection: the button has one position.
Calibration of pinch protection Procedure
1. Close the window. (Saab Convertible: Close the door and soft top.)
2. Open the fuse box. To open the case, it must be pushed a bit in direction to the front wheels and than opened as the white part of the picture in shows.
Reset the pinch protection by removing and fitting fuse F5 from the instrument panel electrical centre (IPEC). The pinch protection for both door modules is now reset and both front windows can be programmed.
3. Start the car.
4. Lower the window fully. Hold the button depressed during the entire operation.
5. Raise the window fully. Hold the button up during the entire operation. Wait for at least 1 second when the window is in the top position.
6. Lower the window fully. Hold the button depressed during the entire operation.
7. Raise the window fully. Hold the button up during the entire operation. Wait for at least 1 second when the window is in the top position.
8. When calibration has been completed an audible confirmation is heard. In the event that there is no audible confirmation, repeat the procedure